Monday, July 25, 2005

















Today we had the welcome cermemony which being in Japan involved lots of speeches by JET people and people from the various involved government ministries. The one highlight was that seating was arranged by the Prefecture we were going to so I finally got to meet the other Okinawan Jets. The seemed a fine bunch of folk so that was all good. That night I went out to an Izekia with the okinwan JETs, an all you can eat/drink japanese restaurant. Had a blast there, we then headed on to a karaoke joint which was even more fun. I remember belting out 'we are the champions' and thats about it, good times. Oh wait! the Izekai place had the wierdest toilet, no really, it was a big mouth with a many armed person behind it, one hand holding a camera. And when you used it, it played music and took pictures of you with the camera, or at least the camera flashed, wierd. I hope I don't appear on some japanese website.

No comments: