Thursday, July 28, 2005
















After a few hours drive up to Nago and an hours ferry ride I arrive at Izena island, my home for at least a year! I am exited, it looks alot bigger than I imagined, and for only having 2000 people it has alot of stuff! I go straight to the Board of Education were I introduce myself. I am then taken to my house where I can dump my bags, the house is sooo Japanese. It is an old house they have been doing up for me until Nick leaves and I move into the house he stays in. It is all wood, with sliding door/wall things and tatami mat floors, I am loving it, except there is not aircon. but Nicks house has aircon. so I will be fine once I am there. It is soooo hot in okinawa and sooo humid, even the locals sweat. I hope I get used to the heat, although I can always just jump in the sea. So back at the board of Ed. they have a welcome party for me, with some Izena specific food and Okinawan beer. They are all super nice and friendly, I think I will like it here. After we go out to a restuarant so eat more! these people eat and drink so much! There they serve me steak and chips, proudly pronouncing it 'Engirish Food', cute. Again the food just kept on coming, and I impress them by making some sushi at the table. At a stupid late time AGAIN I got to bed, mmm first day of work tommorrow.

No comments: