Monday, September 26, 2005


So after my early morning shopping trip I had a few more hours sleep before people started waking up and demanding food, so I took them to the super market and we bought tour various breakfast foods. By about midday we were ready to go and off we went to the beach next to the port, which I had been told last week had load of fish and shellfish, unfortunately when we got there it was too rough, there was a typhoon west of Okinawa throwing up some waves. Kamiyama-san arrived with a sea-kayak in a truck so we all loading our bikes on it and hopped on the back, well actually I got to ride in the front. Matera beach (my fav. Beach) was also too rough so we went to a little beach near Izena beach. That side of the island wasn�t rough, but unfortunately the diving isn�t that awesome. But the scenery and beaches are stunning so it wasn�t all bad. We spent the day relaxing on the beach, swimming, snorkelling and toddling around on the sea-kayak. The rest of the Jets went off to get food at maybe 4pm leaving me and Kelly, so we took the sea kayak to a little rock just off the coast, it had the craziest rock formation, unfortunately I didn�t had my digital camera so you will just have to take my word for it. Once we were also hungry Kamiyama -san came and picked us up; he really is an awesome guy. We then all went out to dinner at the new restaurant at the port before going to lie down on the grass and watch the taiko group practice. We did that for sometime, although I was a little pooped for one reason or another, so when someone suggested getting drink I was all for it. So we cycled off to the little convenience store and for some reason decided to buy wine and not beer. MMmmm it was awful stuff so we decided to drink it all in 5 minutes, which we did, although it wasn�t pleasant. The rest of the evening was spend trying to make fire with two sticks, dashing off to get ice-cream three minutes before the shop closed and having the best night time swim of my life. All in all a crazy weekend and well worth it! On the Sunday morning Kamiyama-san came and woke me up, and with Bens Japanese skills we were told there would only be one ferry today and it would be at 9am! This was because of the bad weather, so all the ALTs had to get up nice and early and packed for the ferry. They just made it, which minutes to spare. But alls well that ends well, so thanks to all the wonderful people who came to my island, good times, very good times.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: