Friday, September 30, 2005

I arrived at work today to find a note on my desk from Natsu sensei (the English teacher at my school) telling me she had to rush to the mainland with the students for a athletics meet because of the typhoon so I would be taking the classes today by myself! Wooohoo! I took the 2nd and 3rd years (chugako) and it was super fun. Natsu sensei had left me a bunch of work sheets for me to have the students do I guess, but that would have been waaaaaaaaay to boring. So I put together a couple of games instead. I managed to stop having fun and have the 2nd years start one worksheet ten minutes before the end of class but I didn't even have time to hand out the worksheets for the 3rd years. So I guess they had a really fun lesson although they didn't learn much. I am probably an awful teacher, basically I still think like a student, so I want to do fun stuff that they will find fun too. I am so tired right now, I just fell asleep at my desk :(. Which made me think should I be staying up so late doing stuff after school if it makes me really tired in school? I wake up fine for the actual lesson, but in-between lessons I am too tired to think of stuff for lessons or study Japanese. I suppose I will just have to find a balance. Anyways it is the weekend now, and I pray that the sea won't be too rough for me to go swimming. Silly typhoon!

No comments: