Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The catalogue from AU.
Me sporting the rather Bon Ton Izena kindergarten team strip!

Ah. Today I did a demonstration class? Maybe, I was asked by the primary school if I wanted to teach yochien (kindergarten) on Tuesday the 12th of December. They told me there may be some PTA watching. So I planned a packed lesson with the Yochien teacher, first time we have planned a lesson together which I was quite proud of as we planned it speaking only Japanese. Anyway then closer to the day Amec sensei (head of english at primary school) tells me it is an important lesson. On the actual day he tells me there may be 30 people watching. And sure enough all the BOE (board of education) and all the PTA were there plus most of my fellow Junior High School teachers. Not to worry though the Yochien are my favourite class and they rock your socks off. When Amec sensei told me they were maybe the best in Kunigami (northern Okinawa) I just gave him an incredulous stare as one might looks at a person proudly uttering 'the world is round you know!' or 'Complementary micro RNA can pre transcriptionaly inhibit gene expression'. What I am trying to express is DUUUUHHHHHHHHH! I don't know who idolises who more me or my Yochien. And yes they are mine! As is this island etc etc. Aside from all that, so yes the class went well despite one of my star performers crying (he rallied round), oh yes! and we had special yochien teacher sweaters for the class, specially made, wicked! So again, aside from all that I got a birthday present from AU! AU is the mobile phone company I use in case you are unaware. The sent me a mid sized book shaped parcel. Inside was a voucher for 5000 yen and a catalogue. Just a regular home shopping catalogue with everything from furnishings, to kitchen stuff, to jewellery and bags to camping stuff to everything (except clothes). I assumed I could spend 5000 yen in the catalogue but there were no prices so I asked. Apparently the voucher is 5000 yen off my next phone and the catalogue, well I can order any one thing from it! I was slightly taken agog, but have since spend a few happy idle moments flipping through the pages wondering what I want. I have decided on a thing, A wind up torch solar powered LED lamp radio keitei(mobile phone) charging thing. I think it will be fun for camping and such like. Shush you! I LIKE gadgets! Also very excited about going to Thailand, toodles! 5000 yen is about 25 quid btw, better than a swift kick up the arse!

PS. Almost 1 in 10 Brits live abroad, interesting (at least for me, being one of their kind)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6210358.stm

1 comment:

Leashie said...

I want to live abroad.