Wednesday, September 27, 2006

If you had been paying attention and I do so hope that you were, you would have been aware that my garden suffered the ill attentions of a typhoon. I replanted with cuttings my Kochosensei (head master) gave me and then promptly declined to water them. As a result they ceased to be. However one plucky little plant was rumbustious enough to take it upon itself to spread forth with wild vigour and near cover my entire garden. I think it pretty enough and it has become rather the bon ton with the local Bee cliental.
I noticed these two funny beggars which one can actually see in the previous photograph if one has the time and inclination to do so. I wonder if they are mates, or if this is a mother and child or perhaps their disguise is so good the second diminutive grasshopper has mistaken its larger brethren for the very plant it itself is trying to imitate! HAH!
Another admirable trait of this plant is its habit of neatly rolling up its leaves in the evening and keeping them in such a manner until day break the following day. One presumes this is to keep them snug and warm during the chill of the night?

2 comments:

japalinka said...

it would be so cool if you could read this post in a very post british accent, 'cause it sounds like a nature documentary voice commentary.
i will make you do it next time i see you. which will be after you've banged your entire body doing the triatholon.

japalinka said...

aaaah shucks. that was meant to say "posh."

my spellings and mispellings have now have a life of their own.