Tuesday, June 06, 2006



So I ordered a new Kilt! One of a lighter weight material than the one I already have at home. I have been quite excited about it and it arrived yesterday! I was practicing with two students for the story contest when there was an announcement over the PA for me. I little perturbed I made my way to the teachers room and there was my package! A new Kilt and a new sporran! Yippee! I had the afternoon off so I went for a run then donned my kilt and came back for my English conversation classes. As soon as I entered the teachers room I was surrounded by all the female teachers, one even took a picture. I had to endure allot of compliments I did not quite understand but these things are to be expected when a Scotsman dons his Kilt. Actually I think the kids were less impressed with the Kilt. They had no idea what it was and I am sure were just wondering what on earth Kureigu Sensei was doing wearing a skirt! So I spent a good wack of each of my conversation classes explaining the Kilt. The kids were really late for the class, I was about to pack up and go but I am glad they came, even though it meant we stayed until 8:30pm instead of 7:30. There are some matches coming up and they are all busy with their various sports clubs I believe.

No comments: