Thursday, June 08, 2006


My garden has turned into a veritable jungle in my absence, the tomatoes in particular are obesely foliate (I just made that phrase up). The first flowers (as you can see) are opening their pretty little faces to the world so I look forward to seeing it in full bloom! I also have little baby green tomatoes.
I had an amusing little revelation during my last elementary school class. I kicked off with a song (old MacDonald) and the male kids were not being very genki about it. With some cajoling from me and the teacher they made half hearted attempts at the actions, being the 5yrs I didn’t expect much genkiness anyway (liveliness). However after the class all the boys returned and requested the song again, a tad bemused I consented and my goodness what a difference this time! There were big grins all around and they were super Genki (enthusiastic), apparently (as the teacher explained) they are only shy in the presence of girls. Funny little beggars.
Here's a quote:
Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about things, and small people talk about wine. Fran Lebowitz

No comments: