Wednesday, February 08, 2006


Well to continue in the vain of random posts about relatively mundane goings on in Izena Jima I will tell you what I did last night. It was actually quite a fun night. As of late I have been avoiding drinking during the week, it is definately not good for my school performance. The locals seem to be able to deal with it just fine, but not poor old me! However I got tricked into it last night. After having finished my own dinner (made myself some onigiri) I got a call from Koshii and Nagi and all that I understood was that he could be at my house in five minutes. I quicky get ready and jump in his car when he arrives. He takes me to his house where I meet his parents. I had mentioned I like sashimi on saturday and that day he had caught a tuna so tonite we were to feast on mountains of tuna sashimi liberaly washed down with sake and beer. Yoshiaki san and his family also turned up. It was a very fun night, I managed to get alot of the jokes (the impersonations of some of the teachers was pretty easy to enjoy), the food was good and the drink plentyfull. I was amused upon entering their kitchen to suddenly feel tall, mmm what's this strange sensation. Their kitchen ceiling was only a few inches clear of my head, I am assuming it is a old japanese house! Koshii's father is a fisherman and we have set a date for him to take me out to do sumogeri (not quite sure on that word), anyway it mean skin diving and hunting fish and collecting shell fish. Last time I did that it was nice and hot, not entirely sure how fun it will be in the cold, oh well! Ganbarrimasu!

No comments: