Monday, February 06, 2006

I realise I haven’t blogged in a while and to be honest there hasn't been anything exiting to blog about. However for the sake of those folks at home who like to know what I am up to I will briefly detail my shenanigans. I spent last weekend on Okinawa honto, Saturday was a friend’s birthday party, which was suitably Kronk. It was nice to see a lot of fellow ALTs I hadn't seen in some time. There was a case of a missed ferry but it was due to wholly unavoidable reasons. I worked solo on Tues/Wed as my JTE had business on Okinawa honto. My exertions were noticed and I got a comment about being a hard worker on Wednesday night and went out to dinner that night with my teachers. Thursday was a very busy day at the shogakko (elementary school), 5 classes but they all went well. On Friday my Junior High had it's ekiden (relay marathon for the students) for which I sacrificed my half day off but I think it was worth it as the teachers seemed keen for me to attend. Afterwards we had our 'Otskaresama' parti (wow what a good job we did party!). I left that party after about 3 hours to celebrate an islander's birthday. A rather intoxicated night of Karaoke ensued and much fun was had by all. The weekend that followed was characterised by a severe case of lethargy from which I am just recovered from. I had dinner with some Japanese friends on Saturday, managed a run on Sunday, throw in some painting and a little Japanese study and that's all I managed. Ah yes, how could I forget, throughout this past week I have been IMENSLY enjoying watching the original star wars trilogy kindly lent to me by a fellow outer islander Brett. A ripping yarn backed up with wizz bang graphics, crickey! OH! How could I forget, I must mention so you ALL know, Scotland just beat France in the six nations rugby tournament (20-16) first time in ten years!!! I am only sad I wasn't back home and able to watch the game at Murrayfield, ah well.

No comments: