Wednesday, March 08, 2006

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4781688.stm
This is an interesting article. A bit sad and troubling but I post it because of the Japanese students who helped the unfortunate lady when no-one else did. My Japanese English teacher was happy when I told her about the article. It is my observation that Japanese people are very kind and eager to help and seem to view life with little malice. I have not noticed any bullying or nastiness between students at my school, I would definitely expect a little of that if this were a Scottish school. Another character trait I have noticed is a tendency for Japanese men to get stark naked when drunk. A phenomenon I experienced in the confines of my very own home last night. I am sure you are wondering if I participating in this activity, as a cultural experience perhaps? I am also quite sure I won't be telling ;).

1 comment:

Elvira said...

elvie was here.